I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend! I remember when I used to work full time, and get holiday’s off, I would be so excited for those days off! These days, I like keeping it low key. The Mr and I enjoy exploring our neighborhood, and we’ve found that it’s pretty convenient for us. We’re not in the middle of the crazy traffic, but we’re still close to every shopping center!
What are your plans for the weekend? My plan is to hang out with my loved ones. Another thing that is a must, -to clean up my area- the kitchen! If you remember from my previous post with the “messy dining table” picture, the space with all my spices are not any better. I have a problem with putting things back, after using them. You remember that song from Barney “ clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere…” well, that song did not work for me! I’m really trying to be better with the cleaning though! It starts with the messes that I make myself… then, gradually, I can move on from there! ;)
That’s how my crazy little area looked before. I even have spices inside a flower vase! Something you can do, when you don’t have any use for an extra vase~
I think it’s time to say “adios” to my little friend over here… From the time I’ve had this, the only seasoning I’ve used is the Italian seasoning… Ummm, I think it’s healthy to say that I do not need this anymore. If you want it, it’s all yours baby! Let me know~ –=]
You guys know that I LOVE pandora! And today, it’s like they had the best mixes for me. I had a total throw back moment when Rupee’s “ Tempted to touch” came on!~
If you want to get your booty shaking, click on this song! =]
What song get’s your booty shaking??! :)
Before I get going, I wanted to share with you a simple, easy recipe! When your in the mood for fries, but don’t want the fried stuff ( even though it tastes delicious, dripping with the greasy oil) make this:
Chili Oven Fries:
- 2 Large Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into thin strips ( the thinner, the more crisp they will be)
- cayenne pepper, chili powder- 1 tsp
- sea salt and black pepper- a dash
- canola oil- 1 Tbsp
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees. Get a baking tray and spray with non stick spray, or just put some parchment paper over it.
- Prepare your potatoes and in a bowl add the ingredients and mix it up.
- Spread out the potatoes in a single layer, so it can cook evenly.
- Bake for 15 mins, then flip the potatoes and turn the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 15 mins. Check for doneness. Serves 2-3
The Mr. and I enjoyed these with a yummy veal cutlet wrap~!
Have a wonderful weekend!~
Remember, you get what you put out into this world. Don’t expect so much if you are not giving anything. It’s give and take.
Be well.Blog Gadgets