So, when I saw Jamie Eason’s carrot cake protein bar recipe, I knew that this would be a great way to add in protein with little fat! Plus, being that it’s like a baked treat, mom would feel like she’s having baked goods!
I also loved the fact that I could add in some carrots ( veggies) in here! She’s been very picky with her veggies, especially raw ones. She says that she feels nauseous after having them, so baking with the carrots is another plus!
This is the protein powder that I used. Hubby bought this huge pack from costco, and it’s very tasty! If you like Muscle Milk Light, then try this out!
Here are the stats on it! It’s also gluten free!
Carrot Cake Protein Bars- Adapted from Jamie Eason’s recipe
- 1 cup oat flour ( I made my own with regular oats and grounded it to flour)
- 2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder (Jamie used vanilla whey powder, but I only had chocolate)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites ( Jamie used 4 egg whites)
- 3/4 cup Splenda,
- 6 oz of organic baby carrots, pureed with a little water
- small container of applesauce, unsweetened ( Jamie didn’t add this on her original recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, whey protein, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix eggs, splenda, carrots, apple sauce.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray glass Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
- Pour ingredients into dish.
- Bake 20-30 minutes.