1. Guy Fieri's Birthday Pork Roast- was AMAZING!! I saw this recipe last Sunday on the food network, and it was like a God send, being that I had no idea what the hell I wanted to make as an entrée! Easy, delicious, and different! Just what I wanted for my Thanksgiving Feast!
2. Sides: roasted asparagus, Julia Child’s Sautéed Mushrooms, Grands Biscuits ( come on, for $1.00 a can, You know I was going there!)
3. Linguine in White Clam Sauce – This was a HUGE HIT!! A 30 mins delicious meal. I opted to not use clams, I used 2 bouillon cubes and used 3 cans of baby clam in their juice, and everything else from the recipe! YUMMYYYYYYYY! Will make this again!!
4. Turkey Meatloaf – For anyone *ahem~ hubby* who wanted turkey for turkey day! Here you go! I used my go to recipe for this one, and it was nice and moist inside~ I made this the night before, so it was easy to just heat it up in the microwave for 5 mins, and BAM! you’ve got yourself a delicious turkey meatloaf!!
5. Now, my wonderful, darling Mother In Law brought over some goodies herself!! A variety of Dim Sum ( what is Dim Sum?? ), Chow Fun ( what is chow fun?? ), Chow Mein ( what is chow mein?? ), Fresh Hainese Chicken * Fresh, like it was still running away like 8 hours ago fresh** Uh huh, that’s how we roll, people!! ( what is hainese chicken ), Duck, and my hubby’s all time favorite Oxtail Soup, that she brought over in her own POT!!
Here is the pork that I butterflied
I used Costco’s Pesto Sauce. 1. because it’s delicious 2. I was not going to make my own, being in a time crunch, people!!
3. My sous chef ( sister ) tied up the baby, and we put in in the roasting pan
Covered in heavy duty foil for 2 hours, this baby was nice looking!
I uncovered the pork, and added in a mix of sweet potatoes, potatoes, onions, carrots and parsnips. The original recipe called for brussel sprouts, but I couldn’t get any in the stores near me! ) I added 1 can of chicken broth, and cooked it in the oven for another hour. ( the original recipe called for the veggies to be cooked with the pork for the whole 3 hours, but I read some reviews that said the veggies turned to mush at the end, and I didn’t want no MUSH veggies!
Here is the beauty! All rested, and cut up ~ Oh man, was it good!!
Here is the spread, on the coffee table! We had more food that wouldn’t fit on the table. So they were chilling in the ledges…lol…
Roasted Asparagus. 10 mins in the oven, with olive oil and kosher salt/ pepper! Easy, breezy delicious!
Julia Child’s Sautéed Mushroom in butter and olive oil! YUMMMMMM
Linguini in White Clam sauce!
Turkey meatloaf, with turkey bacon on top!!
Grands Biscuits on my pie dish! UH HUH~
And my cake that I made using Duncan Hines/ Comstock-wilderness products!
Even getting all this down, I am beat!!~ I hope you all had a wonderful time with your loved ones!! xoxo